Morning Star: Daily Astrology for August 21 2014

Yesterday, I was walking outside and came across the first fallen leaf of Autumn. As I was looking at it, I kept correlating the colors on the leaf with a campfire. The reds, orange and yellows did play together like flames. But, the first thing I thought of was the Sabian Symbol for 18 Scorpio. That's normal. Right? Everybody does that.


 
At any rate the Sabian for 18 Scorpio is “A woods rich in autumn coloring.” Bovee's description of the degree says, “The glow before the end.” He discusses how terminally ill patients will seem to improve and light back up right before they pass away. This is true. I've seen it. Sometimes it is almost as if there is a power surge that allows the person to be seen as who they were before the illness as a comfort to loved ones.

18 Scorpio is also the degree where Mars will meet Saturn on the 25th just after the New Moon in Virgo. I think the Universe is trying to reassure me that the fire will blossom with one final whoosh and then die away. I hope so.

Today, we wake up to Moon in Cancer. Venus is perfecting in quincunx to Pluto (7:49 AM). If you have planets in Pisces between 8 and 14 degrees, this will create a Yod. Venus creates another quincunx with Chiron on the 25th. You know, the 25th is starting to look like a really busy day! All Hail Virgo Season. Virgo has decided to put everything on its “to do” list at the New Moon. Ok. Not everything. But, Virgo has surely lined up enough to do!

Our Moon in Cancer trines Mars at 10:49 AM. That sounds like a ravenous appetite to me. Pre-lunch belly growl. It also allows you to put emotion behind your motivation or really “get into” your work. This does wax in with a trine so it is an “easy” aspect. It isn't forceful. But, if you tap into it, don't get too ambitious. We are still set on turtle speed because if you try to move too fast or too aggressively...SMACK. Right into a brick wall.

Here's my thing with Mars/Saturn. It's a huge pain in the rear. LOL. Seriously. When Saturn in Libra hit my Mars in Libra by conjunction in my 8th house, I felt like there was this huge elephant I had to navigate around before doing anything. By the time the transit was over, I was ready to shoot that metaphorical “elephant” and I can't even step on ants without feeling guilty. But, if I could have gotten my hands on that elephant?
 
 

The worst part, I think, is that I don't give up easily. I mean 8th house Mars in Libra or not has the endurance of a Scorpio Mars. Plus, that 8th house Mars is conjunct Pluto. While Mars was on my Saturn, even after I knew the elephant was there blocking my way forward, I would still take off running hard and smack my face into it every time. Don't do that. If you take a step forward and get smacked, if you feel like you are hobbled and can't move THEN DON'T! Your body can only take so much. Mars/Saturn can manifest as physical illness. The Universe is telling you to slow down. You can listen. Or it will slow you down. Sickness is one way this happens. And, I'm so not kidding. I caught Whooping Cough from that darn elephant and was “taken out” for 3 months. See?

Above all, Mars/Saturn calls for patience. And, it also calls for awareness of self and self regulation. I work with a bunch of Mars/Pluto peeps, specifically Mars in Scorpio. One lady with Mars in Scorpio said to me, “I don't know if I can keep doing this.” Right there. If Mars in Scorpio is in the sky or in your natal chart and you find yourself asking the question “I don't know if I can keep doing this” then STOP because with any other Mars, you'd be dead by now. Mars in Scorpio carries around elephants all the time and thinks nothing of it. Mars/Pluto = the cockroaches of the Universe. And, not in a bad way! It is meant to reference their survival capacities. So, if Mars/Pluto is questioning its ability to survive and endure, it's time to take a break.

I'm actually trying to cut down
At 12:55 PM Moon meets Uranus in Aries by square. There could be a little poke here. Sounds like I'm preparing you for a shot. Right? Do we get a lollipop after? Keep your bearings. You can handle the shocks today because you had a solid lunch and the Moon is also waxing in trine to Saturn (3:35 PM). Reach for Saturn's grounding (while cursing him for what he is doing to Mars). Nevermind, I'll take care of all the cursing Saturn may need. Moon also trines Chiron at 1:02 PM

Speaking of cursing, Mercury trines Pluto today. If you want to know what that has the potential of sounding like, go read my blog on Lilith and the asteroids from yesterday. Mars is ON my Mercury in Scorpio and it's pretty obvious.

But, I LOVE Mercury/Pluto. Ok? Mercury is pulling away from the fog of Neptune and as the fog dissipates he peers straight into the shadow. From fairy dust to where the wild things are.

Mercury in Virgo is one smart and practical placement. In aspect to Pluto, it can absolutely pick apart every detail and put it in its proper place with logic and realism. Pluto will pull the information up like a poultice on a boil. Virgo will put it in alphabetical order, or chronological order, or order of importance (depending on how it is dictated on the “to-do” list).

Just know that your words have power and the potential to cut others today. You could also cut yourself. Choose them wisely.

After the Moon's trine with Saturn (3:35 PM), she is Void until entering Leo tomorrow at 4:50 PM. That's nearly a 12 hour Void Moon and the extended break is very welcomed.

Comments