Morning Star: Daily Astrology for Monday, May 11, 2015

Music has been so essential for me under this Mercury/Neptune square. Is anyone else finding this to be true? It has been like an expressive soothing balm to my soul saying (or singing rather) what it is my heart wants to say as my own brain fails to be able to put it into my own words. This space in time feels fairly uncertain to me...there's a twinge of pain, an ache...but, also this sweet uplifting blissful floating feeling that comes with the powerful release I'm finding that music brings so poignantly to the surface.

Several times, I've felt as if I've just flung myself into the open seas surrendering to the flow and power of Neptune...only to be struggling to find my footing again shortly after as my brain beckons me to come back to “reality” with words that seem to be uttered underwater or, at least, from a far away distance. I float away knowing I can't stay but ever yearning to go back to that...release. There is pulling in my gut that mimics the same set of emotions I have when I'm standing on the beach. The Ocean looms before me with all her power and beauty. I know, logically, I cannot survive her waters for long...but still, she beckons, “Come...further out...deeper...let me envelop you” as if she were echoing the hypnotic song of mermaids luring me get lost in her.
Mars and Venus are on their way to the ocean as I type this. Venus in Cancer trines Neptune on May 16th. Mars squares Neptune on May 25th. The waves continue to crest throughout May as shocks of reality fill the spaces in between. Mercury will square Neptune a second time on May 29 and the Sun repeats this aspect on May 31st. You may want to write yourself a note so you can remember to pack your floaties.

This morning we wake up to the Moon in Aquarius. She met with her modern ruler by sextile overnight (3:05 AM) and is in square to the Sun in Taurus by 6:37 AM creating our Last Quarter Moon. The nights will become increasingly dark this week as the Moon seems to fade into the blackness. As that occurs, we may just withdraw with her going more deeply inward and finding our comfort, quiet and solitude in our inner spaces. The Last Quarter pits the epicenter of change and innovation against a solid force which resists change and, instead, is happy with things staying just the way they are. Our Cow Sun looks at the potential uproar that can follow change and says, “It's just easier to avoid all that and stay where I am. Moooo.” There is the friction brought by this Quarter. We need to change but we don't really want to. Can't we just float awhile instead? Can't we just linger here for a little while longer?

After the Last Quarter perfects, the Moon is Void until diving in to Pisces at 10:54 PM. Meanwhile, the Sun sextiles Chiron at 1:43 PM pulling us further inward and motivations become scattered as Mars leaves the steadfast fields of Taurus for Gemini at 10:41 PM. The Moon finds Mars by square in mutable territory instead of fixed at 10:55 PM. Which way did he go George? Which way are WE going, George? That's the better question. Both the Moon and Mars will meet harshly with Saturn before they surrender to the waves of Neptune. The Moon squares Saturn at 3:02 AM on Tuesday morning. Mars meets Saturn by opposition on May 15th. We touch land briefly only to be swept away again...it feels like scooping up wet sand only to have it run through your fingers. Melty. Blurry...as something in the very center of our body feels as if it is being pulled, allured, drawn toward...well, we just aren't sure what or where. Go with it. See where the waves take you. Don't fight the flow. Take a deep DEEP breath and allow yourself to be submerged and resurface anew. There is no pain; you are receding. A distant ship, smoke on the horizon. You are only coming through in waves. Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying...shhhh...

Comments