Morning Star: Daily Astrology for July 26, 2014

This morning, we wake up to a Void Moon in Cancer. However, at 10:56 AM EDT, Moon moves into Leo and squares Mars newly placed in Scorpio (11:30 AM). One good way to handle this is to work to restore or refurbish something. That calls for Scorpio power (Restoration) and Leo power (Creativity) and besides, it could be fun! Though some do consider my idea of fun to be a bit odd. So, if you have something like this on your “one day when I have time I'm going to do this” list, then today would be a good day to tackle it...in more ways than one!

 
Moon square Mars can feel ambiguous. As if you can't get motivated or can't get into what you are doing. Dealing with two masters like Scorpio and Leo can be difficult. Look to the positive expressions of each archetype to balance the energy out.

At 3:35 PM Moon in Leo finds Jupiter. This can be a wonderful feel good time or it can be a "things were bad and now they feel HORRIBLE" time. Moon to Jupiter can bring warm and generous feelings or it can take the negative you feel and put a spotlight on it prompting some people to start the familiar roaring of the drama queen. Remember that if your emotions are overboard and people are offering you Oscar's at the end of the day. Maintain perspective and try not to blow stuff out of proportion. However, if you have a show to do...like an official one (some type of performance) WOW are the skies ever friendly for you today!
 
New Moon in Leo 6:43 PM 3 degrees and 52 minutes
Leo 4: A man formally dressed and a deer with its horns folded

At 6:43 PM, we have the New Moon in Leo. You know the scene in the Lion King where the little monkey holds Baby Simba up for the whole kingdom to admire? That's what Leo New Moons remind me of.

This Leo New Moon is conjunct Jupiter and square Mars in Scorpio. Our new baby lion is certainly royal (conjunct Jupiter) and it looks like his kingdom may be in disrepair because there is a lot of rebuilding to do (Mars in Scorpio).

On a Universal level, Jupiter recently left Cancer. We learned a lot (whether we wanted to or not) about how we feel and how emotions affect us. How we acted on those emotions, defined a part of who we are. Some discovered pieces of themselves they didn't know they had. Have you ever done that? I have. Up until I was about 30, I thought I was 5' 6”. Then, one day, during my son's football physical, I measured myself while I was standing in line. The measuring thing was set in inches. So, I asked someone to help me with the math because my brain doesn't like numbers and I hate math. They came back to me and said, “You are 5' 8.”

That day, I discovered that not only were there two inches of me that I had been in denial about for 30 years but, also, that I was much worse at math than I thought.

That is a literal example, but during Jupiter in Cancer some people discovered they had feelings which are another part of ourselves that has been repressed and denied. Discovering something changes a person. Any time you discover something new about yourself, it can be disorienting and confusing. But, good or bad, the information is always helpful.


So, we have just passed through a time when Jupiter taught us about emotions (among other things). Now, Jupiter wants to turn the lights on who we actually are. Leo is where we build our identity. Leo is where our inner child resides. Leo New Moons are a time for presenting each of these parts of self (identity/inner child) to the world in celebration.

Of course, Leo prefers that we do this in a creative way. Perhaps you present a part of yourself by displaying a new piece of artwork you just finished. Perhaps do this by being generous and loving to others. Perhaps you go in the front yard and sing out loud about how you are going to survive (not that any Spiritual Counselors I know have done that recently...)
 

Either way, Leo New Moons call for a celebration of self. And, in turn, a warm and generous celebration of the baby lion in others. And that is exactly what I would use it for.

Who are you? Stand up and show me. YAY! That was awesome! My turn...I am...

See how that works? Take some time today to have some fun. You know? HAVE. FUN. Remember that? Celebrate you. Express you in your own way. Celebrate others...your friends, your family, your grocery store clerk. Celebrate all of it! Even if it is a little quirky..
 

If you find yourself in the midst of devastation or a complete remodel, look around and celebrate the fact that in the midst of the rubble...YOU are still standing! You will survive.

Wherever you are, the Universe is asking...”Who are you? Wait a minute, I can't hear you. Roar a little louder, please. Now...WHO ARE YOU?”

And whether your Roar in reply is booming, melodic, quiet or completely mute you wear it with pride and share of your gifts generously. Hold that baby lion up for the world to see!




Comments