Morning Star: Daily Astrology for February 1, 2015

Weird twists of fate. That's what I'm seeing lately. Sounds appropriate with Uranus and Pluto both applying to the nodal axis. Speaking of Uranus and Pluto, this morning we wake up to the Moon in Cancer bouncing off each of them. She meets Uranus by square at 3:52 AM and Pluto by opposition at 5:42 AM. Those aspects have some crunchy edges. Most of the rest of the day, though, is rather smooth.

At 7:36 AM the Moon meets Chiron by trine. Then, at 8:37 AM she is in trine with Mars. By, 12:36 PM, Venus is conjunct Neptune.

So the morning has a chance of being a little unsettled. But, by late morning our motivation and emotions are flowing together as our hearts melt a little.

You know what else I'm noticing (aside from weird twists of fate)? I see situations being set up that give us opportunity and tempt us to resort to childish behavior. Stomping of feet. Rolling of eyes. Temper tantrums. I'm not just talking about events that allow the inner child to come out to play. I'm talking about events that throw our inner child into a hissy fit. I'm attributing this to our waxing Moon who will eventually perfect to fullness in Leo. I got to be honest with you, I'm pretty tempted just to let my inner child throw her hissy fit at this point even if I know that may not be the smartest thing for my adult self to do in the long run. I've been coaching myself through it trying to aim, instead, for the more mature reactions. Lying on the floor kicking and screaming that “it's NOT FAIR!” is increasing in attractiveness though. Anybody else out there coming across things like this?

Last week some weird twists of fate unfurled in the lives of many people I interact with on a daily basis. As those twists unfurled, the person witnessing and being affected had an opportunity (and in most cases justified reason) to blow their top. A few did. Others struggled with re-directing their actions toward something more beneficial and worked to change their perspective about the situation.

Some of these twists of fate have put the “bad guy” in the position of victory. Or, at least, it seems so temporarily. You know what I mean? Do you have an enemy? I'm not talking about the glorious underdogs of the Universe scoring here. I'm talking about people with less than savory intentions getting seemingly rewarded for their bad behavior. While those that work hard to tow the line and “do the right thing” are sitting back saying...”Wait a minute. How's this work again?”

On a personal level, I've been mostly able to sit back and just shake my head about it all. But, there have been a few instances where I've had to pull myself back and remember, “Ok. This is not my circus. Those are not my monkeys.” In other words, it isn't my business, really, what happens to someone else. What I perceive as fair or unfair in this Universe matters very little in the grand scheme of things. I don't know the true circumstances or ethereal reasoning (if any) behind what is going on. So, I just need to keep plugging in light of the temptation to just gather up my toys and go home because “I'm not playing with you jerks anymore.” I've had to remind myself, “Hey, Josi. Do you have any problem sleeping in the bed you've made?”...”No.”...”Then let's keep our nose in our own business and not change that, ok?” I whimpered, “But it isn't fair!” a few times, though.

I talk about self-nurturing a lot. This is more of a call toward effective self-parenting. It reminds me of when my boys were little. They are only 2 years apart in age. It never failed, when one got in trouble he always pointed a finger at the other child saying, “but HE does this...this and this!” I would consistently tell them, “this instance right here has nothing to do with your brother. We are talking about you. What he does or does not do is irrelevant to what you chose to do.” Um, yeah. It's a lot like that.

My heart says to me that much of what is happening is equivalent to the exaltation before the fall. In other words, this story ain't done yet. These weird twists of fate may look like blessings. But, in the long run, I'm not thinking they are going to turn out so great. But, then again, I have a tendency toward a vengeful heart...so, who knows. It's still a little assholish of me to wish for some of this stuff to blow up in someone else's face. As I look up from my fantasies about this stuff blowing up, I see that my self-parent is standing over me again shaking her head. “It's not your business, Josi. Quit wishing bad stuff on others and mind your own beeswax.”

If you happen to find yourself wrapped up in a similar situation do not let someone else's fortune cause you to act in a way that could potentially debase your own future. Even if it's not fair. Even if you want to take your toys and just go home. Even if you are over there working your rear off while Spoiled Susie gets everything she wants handed to her on a silver platter with seemingly little to no positive effort on her part. Reel it in. Mind your business. Grow it up. Or, at the very least, wait to throw your hissy fit while no one is looking. The right thing is STILL the right thing regardless of reward and/or consequence.

After the Moon meets Mars by trine this morning, she if Void until entering Leo at around Noon tomorrow. Use the Void Moon period to allow your inner child to take a nap and eat some cookies. Gift yourself your own reward without expecting it to be doled out through circumstance. Take a time out...put your big kid panties on and get ready to deal. Oh, and make sure you have some popcorn, because the whole adults reacting like spoiled children throwing fits thing? It's going to become more prominent as we get closer to the Full Moon on the 3rd. In that, there may be some opportunity to just “sit back and enjoy the show.” I don't know about you, but, I'd rather be an audience member than a performer in that display.

Comments