Morning Star: Daily Astrology for August 29, 2014

Yesterday, I was trying to figure out why in the world the middle to the end of August was so crazy for me on a personal level. Not just this year, every year. I mean, the most dramatic experiences of my life have typically happened in August. I had a horrendous car accident in August 1989. I died twice in the same day in August 2005. My first grandchild was born in August 2009. Twice I've been married in August. Once in 1994 and once in 2010.


 

My descendant is in Leo. No way just having the Sun transiting that spot would result in such looney dramatics and pivotal experiences. Then, the lightbulb came on.

Each year when the Sun is at 5 degrees Virgo, it is my Personal Full Moon. No wonder I feel like a lunar-tic at this time every year. Because, I kinda of am.

Personal Full Moons occur when the transiting Sun is opposing your Natal Moon. It is a time of culminations, high emotions and, sometimes, lunacy. It is an annual thing. It is the halfway mark in the current emotional (Moon) cycle of maturity. It is of benefit to keep track of your personal Lunar cycles. The period of your Personal New Moon begins when the Sun transits your natal Moon by conjunction. The First Quarter is when the Sun first squares your natal Moon. Full Moon, as above, is when the Sun opposes your natal Moon. And the waning Last Quarter, of course, comes with the final square of the Sun to your natal Moon. Each of these phases can mark yearly periods that are emotionally challenging. The “easier” times are typically when the Sun is trine or sextile your natal Moon which also happens several times through the year. Knowing your personal rhythms helps to keep you in your “flow”.

Today, though, my Personal Full Moon is over by one degree. But, the Sun in Virgo does perfect in opposition to Neptune in Pisces at 10:33 AM EDT. Ego can soften and become nebulous. Overnight, the Moon in Libra opposed Uranus (1:31 AM). At Noon, she makes a sextile to her current ruler Venus and then reaches Void status.

In the US, lots of folks are taking a four day weekend to celebrate Labor Day. Today does seem fit for dialing it back and relaxing. Moon will remain Void until entering Scorpio at 4:53 AM tomorrow. I'd suggest spending one last summer weekend at the lake or at the beach or in front of a VERY tall Margarita. Yeah. I'd say we all deserve that. Wouldn't you?
 

Comments