Morning Star: Daily Astrology for August 23, 2014

It is official. We are in Virgo season. Last night, just after midnight, the Sun switched signs. Virgo brings practicality. Virgo heralds the harvest. The reaping.


 
I had so many plans last week. The Universe laughed at my plans. I would try to do something and swiftly get knocked down. It got to the point that I started asking permission, “Dear Universe, can I take the dog out? That's all I'm trying to do. Am I allowed?”

Mars conjunct Saturn is still waxing in and due to perfect on Monday. I'll be glad to see this energy go away. But, until it does, if you “hit a wall” change directions.

About the only thing I found that I was allowed to do without getting stomped on was clearing the corn out of our little front yard garden. Reaping. And Saturn/Mars is definitely about reaping just like Virgo. It was just one of those times when the Universe said, “Hey, I'm going to drive for a minute. You don't need to be on the computer (so it crashed), you don't need to watch the TV (so the cable went out), you don't need to talk on your phone (so the service tower went out for a day). All this following a turkey vulture landing on my car while I was stopped at a stoplight. Which, kind of said to me, you aren't going very far either (so, I didn't). Then, the Universe said, “What you can do, Josi, is sit here and deal with this without distraction.” No worries. I know what “this” is because that was exactly what I was trying to escape from with the computer, TV, phone and my car. Saturn/Mars said, “No dice. Not happening.”

Saturn puts the drag on your fast car
Overnight, Mars met Uranus via inconjunct. Impulsiveness will bring forth a brick wall. Why? Because your impulsiveness is thwarting your chances at intimacy and fair exchange in ways you don't realize and Saturn/Mars in Scorpio cares about that. You can be free. But, you also must be responsible and bear in mind the consequences of your actions in regard to others.

I tried to be patient. But, I wasn't really happy about it. In the reaping of our corn, though, I did find a sense of grounding to help me navigate what the Universe was forcing me to sit with. In my frustration, though, as I sat and thought about the things I thought I needed to be doing but couldn't, I saw miracles happen. I'm glad the Universe didn't allow me to miss that. Keep that in mind if you get grounded.

At 3:13 AM, Mars found Chiron via trine. The Universe is letting you know we are supposed to be motivated toward healing, not so much escaping. Then our emotions get a bit of a boost as the Moon meets Jupiter by conjunction in Leo at 9:47 AM. Whatever you are feeling will be put under the spotlight and then magnified.

At 3:30 PM, Moon meets Pluto by inconjunct and begins making a Yod as it waxes toward an inconjunct with Neptune. Moon inconjunct Pluto is intense but not obviously so. The person may feel the intensity but no one else sees it on their face. Or, the person's emotions come across as intense to others but the person does not realize it.

The inconjunct to Neptune, this is going to be the reality check of your day. Reality? With Neptune? Yes. He is Rx and cutting veils at this time. Pluto is Rx too. Are you rebuilding without illusion? Castle in the clouds? Or Home on a rock? Virgo says, “Rock. Duh.”

Moon finds Venus by conjunction at 10:01 PM. Relax. Give yourself a break. Pamper yourself a bit. Our bodies are weary from all this fire and need our attention. Virgo season says “True freedom can only come with solid health.” And, Virgo is right so don't overlook that or minimalize it because it is very true. But, we don't realize how true it is until we get sick. So, take this afternoon and indulge yourself a bit. Not with heavy sugary foods (as Venus/Jupiter may tempt you). But, with massages, baths, solid energy healthy food, meditation, naps, leisure. Pleasure...remember that?

Comments