Morning Star: Daily Astrology for May 17, 2014

This morning we wake up to Moon in Capricorn. Moon in Capricorn is industrious and sober. However , the edges of the Capricorn Moon are softened today with her first aspect being a sextile to Neptune at 4:35 PM. This waxes in all morning. If you have weekend chores to tackle today, turn on some music (Neptune) to help the flow. Actually, I say even if you aren't working or doing chores, turn on some music to help the flow.

Whistle while you work

Later this evening, the softness of the Moon begins to wane and tension creeps in. Moon squares Mars at 7:14 PM bringing in ambivalence. Emotions and drives are at cross purposes. Mars is stationing in Libra getting ready to turn direct.

You know what, I think I'm going to type that one more time just for fun.

MARS IN LIBRA IS STATIONING IN LIBRA GETTING READY TO TURN DIRECT.

At this point, lets take a collective pause and see if we can hear the Angels singing “Hallelujah!”

INSERT BIG DRAMATIC PAUSE HERE

I think I heard them...

However, stationing direct is not enough for our industrious Moon. She wants Mars to get moving on something right now. But, Mars is still moving through Libra (though BARELY at this point) gaining the same speed equivalent to a fly with it's feet sunk up in Marshmallow Creme. If you find this frustrating, know that Mars is coming back to us soon. Be patient and diligent.

Overnight, the Moon will meet up with Pluto (2:18 AM). If you are sleeping at that time, your dreams could be rooted deeply within your psyche revealing symbolism that may give you clues about what is going on behind your mental curtain.

Plenty can be accomplished today. It's a great day for working in the garden—which I plan to do. If you watched the Garden Magic show with Dixie and I, you know today would be excellent for putting plants in the ground the bear fruit under the ground or even spring bulbs which will not produce flowers until next year. That's my plan...to put out about a 100 daffodil bulbs that I'm sure I will forget about by next year and thus be pleasantly surprised when they start breaking the crust of the Earth after a long winter. That's the magic of having a Pisces Moon. Because we have a tendency to be forgetful, we can set ourselves up for delightfully organized self-surprises. I'll forget planting the bulbs. But, when they come up next spring, I bet you I remember the song that was playing on my iPod when I planted them.

Anyway, today is industrious but pleasant in the morning. The groundedness of a Saturn ruled Moon softened with an overlay of Neptune is pretty sweet. The tension may very well rise later this evening but the negatives of that can be thwarted by maintaining emotional integrity and boundaries. There is absolutely NO REASON why you cannot enjoy the heck out of this day.

Comments