Let love be Free; Venus transits Feb. 6, 2013

Today, Venus in Aquarius sextiles it's sign's ruler, Uranus, in Aries (incoming..right now!)and trines Jupiter in Gemini. It's a boost. At least that is what I'm feeling on my end. Today's feeling can give indication of where you want to set your intention for the New Moon.

As an Aqua rising with several aspects to Uranus from my persoanl natal planets, I can feel this type of reverberation in my bones. A call for a new kind of freedom.

Jim Morrison, a fellow Aqua rising with his Sag Sun opposing Uranus/Mars in Gemini said it best:

"The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. You trade in your sense for an act. You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask. There can't be any large-scale revolution until there's a personal revolution, on an individual level. It's got to happen inside first.”


Hell yeah, Jim. Preach it.




Tomorrow, Venus will square Saturn. So, today, what you wish for can be brought down to ground level and ingrained in your core if you are able to grasp Saturn's influence.

I've been thinking a lot about freedom lately. What is it? What does that mean exactly? Where does it come from? And, I feel that I received a pretty good inkling of that last night and through this morning.

Someone said something to me in anger a few days ago. And, what they said really stuck with me. Finally, I had to ask, "Did you mean it when you said..."

At first, the answer I got was, "I just want you to be happy again."

I replied, "That doesn't really answer my question. But, so do I."

This person proceeded to tell me  "I love everything about you but, you are moody and negative."Do you recognize Mercury in Libra speaking there? Balancing a positive statement "Love everything about you" on a fulcrum "But" against a negative statement "You are moody and negative."

Mercury in Libra can do it the other way too, negative to positive. Example: Negative "You are moody and negative" ..fulcrum "but"..."I love you."

That's a bit of an aside and away from the point of my post. But, I did want to point it out. Mainly because it drives my Mercury in Scorpio absolutely batty.

When I received this response, I stopped and considered if there was truth in it. Yes. I indeed am moody. A lot of that has to do with a very weak emotional boundary (Pisces Moon square Neptune). I'm working on that, as everyone should be as we swim through Pisces season. This means my mood can very easily be affected by my environment..which is changeable.

Negative. ...Negative? Am I?

I can cop to a lot of things. Being negative is not one of them. I'm overly idealistic and optimistic. This is a trait I've had all my life and it's pulled me out of the depths of the darkest holes many times. I have hope (Aquarius rising, Sun, Mars, Saturn pleasantly playing with Uranus). I have a forward thinking mindset (Mercury in the 9th). I'm a dreamy optimistic (Pisces Moon sextile Jupiter).

Then. I got mad. I thought, you know what? It's no wonder I come off moody and negative. You freaking squash absolutely everything I want to do to make life exciting! You want to do nothing! You are fine in a humdrum semi-vegetative life and....  Well, and that's when it hit me.

Venus looked down from her insightful position in Aquarius and smiled. She said, "What does this other person's actions have to do with your own. You want adventure? You want to actively drink life? I do not see any nails in your feet that are holding you the floor... martyr (Moon/Neptune). Go. Live. Dream. Fly. Stop basing the quality of your life on the quality of your primary relationship. You. Know. This."



Right at that moment, right at that very moment I felt a rush of electricity. It emanated out from my core and my heart fluttered with excitement. I can live. I can be free. I do not need permission or help to do this.

And, that is Venus in Aquarius in sextile to Uranus in Aries. Uranus in Aries is the Freedom Warrior. Venus in Aquarius is a hopeful love of freedom and independence. Together, they can break a codependent cycle that will shackle you psychologically and drain every bit of passion you once had. You don't have to be dependent on someone else's definition of you. You define you.

Venus, Uranus and Mars grab hands today and say, "Are you driven toward the freedom to be happy and filled with a love of life? No? Why not? Maybe you should fix that because you only live, at least this life, once. Are you going to spend it in an effort of fitting yourself into some mold that someone else has made for you?"

No, I'm not. Not anymore at least.

Shortly after the sextile to Uranus today, Venus moves into trine with Jupiter in Gemini. That expansive blossoming mind blowing Jupiter is going to help Venus bloom. She wants to travel. She wants to run unbridled. She wants to see new places. And, if you want to go with her, that's fine. If you don't, well that's fine too. "To each his own path. Peace, Man. I'm cool with it." says the unattached goddess as she breezes right on by.





And, as I said, tomorrow brings the opportunity to ground that. Sure, Venus square Saturn can feel lonely and forlorn. But, that is a choice. It is also a choice to set your value (Venus) by your own standards (Saturn). Be dedicated (Saturn) to structuring (Saturn) the beauty (Venus) of your own life by setting yourself free (Aquarius) from expectation and conditioning. And, while you are at it, give others permission to do the same.

All this leads up to our New Moon in Aquarius on the 10th. A breath of fresh air. A brilliant shining wish. A foundation. A new start. A new hope.



Comments